Double Chocolate Pudding Pie
Serves 8 to 10
Vanilla Snap Crust:
- Makes one (9-inch) crust
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed MI-DEL® Vanilla Snaps
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil or butter, melted
Pie Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In bowl, toss cookie crumbs with oil or butter. Press mixture into bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Bake until light golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
Chocolate Pudding Filling:
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. In heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together milk and 1/4 cup sugar until mixture begins to bubble around edges.
- In separate large bowl, whisk together yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisking the yolks constantly, slowly pour in the hot milk mixture. Return mixture to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens, about 3 minutes. (Do not let mixture come to a boil or it will curdle). Remove from heat immediately and strain into the bowl of chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Let chocolate custard filling cool 15 minutes. Pour custard into cooled crust and smooth surface with spatula. Let pie cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Top with whipped cream before serving.